Old 02-04-2005, 05:54 PM
Jim Ferguson

"Kate Gilbert" wrote in message
We have something digging holes. ( big ones , like a big dog might ) It
digs all over the yard and garden. Just here and there. Even has started
in the flower beds now. LAst night it dug so deep around a telephone pole,
He could dig up out of the ground , at this rate. We live in south Texas.
A neighbor said, he had a similar problem last year . It was an armadillo.
His dog got it, and he shot another. We have never seen one around.
Really, seen nothing that could dig , like this. I first thought a coyote
maybe. But have decided that wouldn't be likely. This darn thing has
started to visit almost every night. My husband thinks he'll try to sit
outside and shoot it. I don't want an armadillo shot. There aren't many
anymore as it is. Does anyone have any idea what we are dealing with? Can
any of you suggest a way we might trap it? Are maybe ( hopefully )
discourage it ? I have tried sprinkling red pepper and mothballs. I really
think it ate the mothballs. They disappeared in a day are two. No rain ,
in the meanwhile.