Old 02-04-2005, 06:19 PM
Chris Hogg

On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 00:12:58 +0100, "Peter Coddington"
wrote:

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 00:33:25 +0100, "Peter Coddington"
wrote:

I have a 10 year old Camellia, Can it be moved this part of the year ?
Peter.
SNIP

Chris Hogg replied.
Under normal circumstances I would recommend autumn for moving,
Water it well, a day or so before you actually intend to move it. Then
'hat-rack' prune it, i.e. cut off virtually all the smaller branches,
shoots and greenery, leaving a bare skeleton much reduced in size
--SNIP

Chris

Chris
Many thanks for your most interesting and detailed instructions on how to
move the Cameillia this part of the year., will now have to give this
further thought!
Peter

You're welcome. Just another small point I forgot to mention: when
you've got the root ball well bagged up and you're ready to lift and
move it, pull on the bag not on the camellia.

--
Chris