Old 02-04-2005, 11:30 PM
Katra

In article ,
(Frank White) wrote:

In article t,
says...

William Wagner wrote:
In article ,
jetgraphics wrote:

I would appreciate any suggestions, ideas, or criticisms of the idea of
using a trellis & wire system to support vines (climbing or drooping) to
shade a rooftop and house side walls in Zone 7 (hot & humid).

Would suspended planters for droopers also work?

Furthermore, if anyone has information on suitable candidates for an
edible
sunshade, please post it.

Thank you.

Consider Malabar Spinach an annual. Grapes may be of interest also.
Mix in moon flowers and other flowering vines for interest...NOT Edible.

Bill

Kudzu is edible, vining, grows fast and I believe it does VERY well in
Zone 7.

April Fools.
But seriously I'm sure you know better than to plant Kudzu.

If Kudzu WERE edible, world hungry would be a distant memory.
All the starving hordes in China could not eat those vines
as fast as they can regrow...

As it is, flamethrowers and nuclear weapons may be our only hope.

O_O

FW

Kudzu IS edible!!! Seriously.
Do some googling on it.

It also makes fantastic graze for both cattle and sheep.

I've seen recent articles on great success in controlling kudzu using
sheep.

--
K.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

There is no need to change the world. All we have to do is toilet train the world and we'll never have to change it again. -- Swami Beyondanada