Old 03-04-2005, 04:18 AM
DrLith

"Troy Lubbers" wrote in message
k.net...
Ah.. but Kudzu IS edible. It is a legume, and every part of the plant
can be eaten. I have never had it myself since I am from the non-Kudzu
blighted zone 4.

But you can eat the 'bean', the leaves, the root, and as I understand
it, in its native parts of Asia it actually is a desirable culinary plant.

Here is a page I found listing some 'recipes' for Kudzu. Perhaps this
summer if you're from the South you can reduce your grocery bill eh? My
Google search did turn up other pages with recipes, happy hunting.

http://www.kudzucuisine.com/

Looking at the nutritional composition of the kudzu powder described on the
site, it appears to have an insane amount of fiber. Like, 5 times as much as
an equivalent amount (calorie-wise) of whole wheat flour or 3 times as much
as an equivalent amt. of pinto beans. So I imagine it's kind of "woody."