Old 03-04-2005, 07:12 AM
Dana Schultz

I already know about the poison part. So feeding my neighbor (not a nice
one) a beatiful tea of unknown origins is out?
I read to soak the seeds for 24 hours but nothing about sulfuric acid. Where
would they get that in the wild?
How about ideal place to plant. I understand they like a cooler area to
grow. Would morning and noon sun but not afternoon be best?

--
Dana
www3.sympatico.ca/lostmermaid
"David J Bockman" wrote in message
According to Dirr:

" Seed should be scarified in sulfuric acid for 15 to 30 minutes... Seeds

of
LABURNUM contain an alkaloid called cytisine, which can be fatal to
children and adults. This compound is contained in all parts of the

plant.
Supposedly, one small seed can prove toxic to a small child. Extreme care
should be exercised when using this plant in a public area."

email:
http://beyondgardening.com/Albums

"Dana Schultz" wrote in message
I picked up some seeds from a seed swap recently and would like some
information on growing from seed. Has anyone had sucess growing them

from
seed. I am in zone 5b.
Thanks