Old 03-04-2005, 05:31 AM
sherwindu

I am considering replacing the two Arborvitae on the West side of my house with
Hemlocks because I have already replaced about 5 of Arborvitae when they died
on me. This location only gets the afternoon sun, which may have been a factor
in
the loss of these trees. I had Red Cedars growing in these places for over 20
years
with no problems. It could be the nursery stock is bad, or some other factor,
but I
think it is time to try a different variety.

Sherwin D.

James wrote:

I have a spot for planting that gets partial sun/shade. Which of these two
plants, Hemlock, or Avorbortae (not correct spelling, but close), would do
better in partial shade?

Thank you for any comments !!

--James--