Old 03-04-2005, 04:52 AM
K Barrett

"Susan Erickson" wrote in message
On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 08:41:19 -0800, "K Barrett"
wrote:

The duration of the intensity does make a difference, else commercial
growers (like those in Taiwan, for example) could not 'force' their crop

maturity in a short span of time. Herb Hager wrote a great article on
increasing light in order to bring his cattleya crosses to bloom in 2 1/2
years out of flask by supplying high light, high heat and supporting the
plant with high humidity and the proper fertilization regimen. If you

read
Dr Yin-Tung Wang's research carefully you'll discover these same methods
were used to develop the phalaenopsis market. But you can't just do this
piecemeal, you have to support the plant wiht the concomittant increases

in
water, humidity, fertilizer etc, that requires

One of the Denver Judges moved from Texas (outdoor growing) to
Colorado and had to build a Gh. While building she kept her
plants going with extremely long lighting. Some were almost
24/7. I don't remember how short the "night" became but it was
not significant, except to the plant.

SuE

I know the dope producers keep their plants going at 24/7. You'd think the
plant would need a 'dark reaction' time. But I guess not. Lord knows those
boys know more about producing buds than anyone else on the planet.