Old 03-04-2005, 10:38 AM
Hel

Default Baby tomato plants wilted after potting

Hi all

I've got several young tomato plants (Moneymaker) which were growing
indoors, 4-5 per pot until yesterday when, because most of them were 4-6
inches high, I decided to move them to individual pots.

However, this morning, I found them all to have wilted to some degree -
before potting, they were very healthy little plants. The soil is
definitely damp enough, I'm worried I've done something wrong with the
rooting systems. Each plant was pulled very gently from its surrounding
soil, and came up with about a cubic inch of soil/root. This didn't seem
like much but I have no idea what tomato roots are supposed to look like.

I'm quite new to growing plants from seed - have I done something wrong
here, and is there anything I can do to save my tomatoes? Any help
appreciated!

Helen

--

(remove the last letter of the alphabet to e-mail me)