Old 03-04-2005, 04:07 PM
Ivan

"Tommy Of Earth" wrote in
oups.com:

After assembling a greenhouse frame from PVC and expecting the plastic
covering to be no ploblem using tape to secure it I've found tape wont
stick to the plastic(clear plastic tape, 3M plastic tape & duct tape).

Can someone give me some ideas of what will help secure the plastic
sheet to the frame?

Thank you

Try cutting some of the PVC into maybe 1" lengths and then cutting the
length down the middle. Wrap the plastic around the frame and then force
the "clip" over both the plastic and the frame - I don't think you'll find
a tighter joining system although you may need to go one diameter larger
for the clip pieces depending on how accurately machined the originals are.

You might even be able to use poly-pipe (irrigation tubing) to make the
"clips" if you have some of an appropriate size "laying around".

Regards,

Ivan.