Old 03-04-2005, 08:20 PM
David Williams

Hi, I don't have an isolation tank, how large would such a tank need to be?
The pond is a new pond, a few weeks old, although the bulk of the water came
from the previous pond which had been running for several years. I've
checked the water conditions and they all seem to fall within the parameters
of the test strips. The water temperature is 12 oC, and I've just started
feeding them again after winter.
Hope this helps, thanks for your interest.
DWDW1
"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
HI I'm new to keeping Koi, and now one of my ghost koi has a mark like a
thin red ring around the border of one gill. In the centre is a greenish
blotch (that's the only way I can describe it).
Any suggestions would be welcome.
DWDW1

Do you have a quarantine tank to isolate this fish in?

What are your water parameters? What's your usual maintenance regime?

Answers to these questions help guide us on how best to advise. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a