Old 03-04-2005, 11:58 PM
Phisherman

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 21:23:14 GMT, Donna deMedicis
wrote:

While at the moment, I have exactly one mini-rose, I'm expecting an
order from Jackson Perkins and I've been studying.

I looked at a seemingly miraculous all-in-one rose & flower care, 3
systemic products in one. Fertilizes, feeds and renews! Insect
control! Disease control! One application protects for up to 6 weeks!
(Bayer Advanced Garden). You put 2 tbs. in a gallon of water, water
rose, and ta dum! takes care of everything that could possible ail a
rose.

Seems too good to be true ...

Is it?

Donna

Who knows. I have my doubts but I'd be interested in hearing if this
is true or not. Roses require extensive and regular maintenance:
feeding, watering, pruning, insect and fungus control, some winter
protection, removal of spent flowers, etc. Most roses grow best in
full sun and prefer organic fertilizers (rotted manure, fish emulsion,
compost).