Old 04-04-2005, 05:11 AM
Dana Schultz

I pruned mine about a week ago to about 10". Before our wonderful storm
yesterday it had already started to sprout leaves around the 3-5" range. It
is planted in the south about 6" from the brick wall. It seems to be doing
great. I started it from seed (William Dam) and this is its third year.
My mother cuts her to the ground every year. she is not in the city but on
the top of a hill that is constantly windy. Hers is always much later than
mine.

--
Dana
www3.sympatico.ca/lostmermaid
"jazzylee" wrote in message

In zone 5 we get several complaints to our garden center of dead
butterfly bushes in the spring...but its something like Mark Twain's
"The rumors of my death were greatly exagerated". They can be slow
to "wake up". yes..pruning early is risky. We have one that is
pruned to 18" in late spring that becomes a 3 ft shrub everysummer.