Old 03-04-2005, 09:44 PM
keith ;-\)

Shipping/hassle is too much to bother with for seedlings especially for a
hobby grower.Probably worth the cost/hassle if they were
to be grown on and sold.I thought you hated hybrids,you seem to have a few
to sell!
--
Thanks Keith,England,UK.
"Mick Fournier" wrote in message
Sue,

I can't keep the Cattleya violacea var semi alba (Icabaru x Hector Luis)
flasks on the shelf... they are hot. The Taiwanese and Europeans buy them
as fast as I can replate them up. Look at this red nose... click on:

http://personalpages.bellsouth.net/f...ea_icabaru.jpg

The Cattleya lawrenceana var coerulea Aulisi in flask are selling great.
South Americans are demanding them, surprisingly.

I have 44 customers on the waiting list for 10-plant hobby flasks of ghost
orchids, but same problem there too. The Chinese and far east growers are
buying the bigger 50 and 100 plants before I can even break them down into
smaller bottles.

I like seeing the Euro so strong against the dollar. Sales of flasks are
good to "old" Europa, with the exception of the UK... cheap ass brits

never
buy anything. They ask for a lot of quotes/questions though.

I have had it with Canadians and stopped shipping anything to Canada. I

am
half Canadian and I have rescinded this ban three times in the last three
years, but this is it... I mean it now, I will never ship flasks to
Canadians again.

I just crossed this C schroderae with another citrina so maybe next year I
will offer this one too in flask... the fragrance is outstanding.

HBI is trying to get the C percivaliana var coerulea back in the catalog
with hobby flasks... but like George Bush says, "Ittttt'ssss hard, it's

hard
work".

That's the news.

Mick

"Susan Erickson" wrote in message
On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 20:18:29 -0500, "Mick Fournier"
wrote:

Ya, and that is going to slow anyone down. Only if it causes
heart failure. Good to hear from you. What is new in flask
land?

SuE