Old 04-04-2005, 04:28 AM
Dawn

Default tulip identification

This little gem appeared in the middle of our yard last year. It's all
of about 7" high and graced us with its first bloom just a few days ago.
Unfortunately, a squirrel or something got it and ripped all the petals
off within a few hours of taking this photo. (It's in a tomato cage so
it doesn't get accidently mowed over like last year)

http://www.reddawn.net/temp/tulip.jpg

I'd love to know if it has a name, if anyone knows. I did some online
searching and the flower looks very much like something called t.
batalinii, but the leaves are all wrong, so I'm confused.

I'm also trying to figure out how it got into my yard. Not that I'm
complaining.

Dawn