Old 04-04-2005, 10:41 AM
janemace janemace is offline
Registered User

Smile new to this - plus advise for evergreen climbers please?

hi, I'm new to this website and messageboard!
We live in Newcastle upon Tyne, on a hill, south facing. We have an exposed front fence area that we would love to cover with an evergreen climber. We had thought that a Star Jasmine would be the ideal, but having read up a bit on it we think that the fence is too exposed to the winds and cold for it to survive a winter here. Any alterative suggestions please???? I had hoped to have something flowering, to attract insects/birds.
Thankyou!