Old 04-04-2005, 02:24 PM
Nina

Default Susquehanna bonsai club dig

It could have been worse: it stopped snowing and sleeting while we were
out in the woods, and it was so muddy the trees essentially *pulled*
out of the ground. Unfortunately, what I pulled out of the ground was
a pretty homely crabapple.

Craig and Anita were certainly armed for bear: they came pulling sleds
loaded with shovels, bags, and an *electric* saw. They looked like
they could have survived in the woods for a week.

It was beautiful; the crabs and honeysuckle were budding out, just the
tiniest hints of green. All the early harbingers of spring were out:
Pachyella clypeata! Dacrymyces palmatus!

Nina, who thinks jelly fungi just cry out "spring!"