Old 04-04-2005, 02:13 PM
George

"John Brown" wrote in message
On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 07:29:39 -0500, John Brown wrote:

I'm going on my third year with a Haywood pump, Model SP2605X7 (3/4
horsepower,
in our small pond with waterfall. However, this year it seems to have gotten
noticeably noisier. Anyone familiar with a solution for this? Can it be a
bearing going out? I wonder if it's repairable or does this just mean a new
pump.

Jake

Correction: It's a Hayward Pump.....not "Haywood".

J.

Try cleaning the impeller and basket strainer first. If that doesn't help, I'd
take it to a pump supply house, and see if it can be repaired. These pumps are
fairly pricey. It also possible that you are using it for a purpose for which
it wasn't intended, since it is designed for inground pool use.