Old 04-04-2005, 11:43 AM
Mike

"AAG" wrote in message
news
I've just bought (online) a new Castel lawnmower with a 5.5 hp Honda

engine
and notice that the engine is bolted to the aluminium deck by three bolts.

The engine has four evenly spaced mounting holes but one of them does not
line up with a hole in the deck therefore the span between two of the
mounting bolts is approxiately 180°.

Should I be concerned about this??

Yes.

Is the Aluminium plate a casting or a sheet plate? A casting could split, a
plate tear.

How far out of line is the 4th hole?

Is the plate drilled and tapped or a clear hole for a bolt to go through
then a nut on the underside?

Could the hole be made to line up with the assistance of a smaller round
file?

Have you contacted the seller and raised your concerns? This should be done
before you do anything yourself, but I have a feeling that if they sent it
out like that they couldn't care less, BUT, they could be a fine company, be
concerned and exchange it for you.

Mike

--
H.M.S.Collingwood Ass. Llandudno 20 - 23 May Trip to Portmeirion
National Service (RAF) Ass. Cosford 24 - 27 June Spitfire Fly Past