Old 04-04-2005, 12:03 PM

Steve Burrows wrote:

We are just getting into gardening having now actually got a garden, which
helps

Monty Don used a liquid feed, I think it was green in colour, does anyone
know what he uses or what's the best feed to buy?

Also I wanted to start a wormery. I have an old bin I have drilled lots of
holes in but its the worms that are causing me the problems. I know garden
worms wont do but are worms from the fishing tackle shop any good? Having
looked at the prices online they are a little expensive and I would like
to buy locally.

Any tips or help on starting a wormery would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Steve

They'll be far more expensive in a fishing shop. Anyway, you already have
all the worms you need in your garden. Go and look under some leaf litter
or in a heap of rotting vegetation. The thin red worms are what you are
looking for. If your bin has holes in the bottom, then just fill it up and
leave it on the soil. The worms will find their own way in.

--
Excellent day for putting Slinkies on an escalator.