Old 04-04-2005, 02:21 PM
AAG

"AAG" wrote in message
news
I've just bought (online) a new Castel lawnmower with a 5.5 hp Honda
engine
and notice that the engine is bolted to the aluminium deck by three bolts.

The engine has four evenly spaced mounting holes but one of them does not
line up with a hole in the deck therefore the span between two of the
mounting bolts is approxiately 180°.

Should I be concerned about this??

UPDATE

The vendor has contacted me by phone and tells me again that all lawnmower
engines are held on by only 3 bolts and that this is to reduce the chance of
putting stress on the deck if it, or the engine base are not quite flat. I'd
be grateful if anyone could confirm or contradict this.