Old 04-04-2005, 07:08 PM
JustJo JustJo is offline
Registered User

Unhappy Brambles

Hi

I moved into a previouly empty house about 6 weeks ago and now the weather is starting to get better I have donned my gardening groves and started to find the garden under the jungle in my back yard!

The brambles were awful at the bottom of the garden so I had then all sawed down but already the stumps are starting to sprout little leaves again.

I tried to dig out the roots but they are see thick and complex and frankly, I'm just not that strong

I have a young daughter and I was hoping to make that part of the garden into a veg patch so I'm not keen on poison. Do I have any choice?

Also, my lawn is quite patchy so I have let it grow for as long as I can bear. I have mowed if for the first time and now I see all the dandilion type weeds. I began to dig them out but it leaves muddy patchs all over my already patchy lawn.

Shoudl I continue to dig them out and let the lawn repair it's self or is it better to invest in some feed and weed. BTW, Returfing is not really an option as the lawn is rather big.

Thanks guys