Old 04-04-2005, 04:16 PM
William Wagner

In article Wlc4e.138839$Ze3.31257@attbi_s51,
"longshot" wrote:

I am pretty sure I had a crappy veggie garden last year because of fungus.
question is, whet do I do about it?

-thanks
Rob

Clean up.

Use composted material that gets hot. EG Hot Manures otherwise aerobic
energy (Turn your piles) and leave to rest for a few years. Sounds
like a long time but once in this mode there is always new material.

Check PH

Purchase good seed and healthy plants.

Water Less from above.

Rotate your veggies about.

Give more sun and less shade.

Be aware that some sweet peppers obtain problems that are just about
impossible to eradicate. Local farmerŒs here gave up even as the price
went up.

Burn and poison rough on your environment and pocket book.

Perhaps just let lay fallow for a year.

Talk to neighbors about your concerns.

Lots of work...you got to love it!

Bill

--
Zone 5 S Jersey USA Shade garden in a Japanese manner
Vision problems? http://www.ocutech.com/ we own two.