Old 04-04-2005, 05:57 PM
Jim Carlock

"longshot" wrote:
you want me to eat these, instead of my fresh veggies?
)

LOL No, I meant try some ground up corn on the soil with the
plants with the fungus among us. I'm trying grits (white ground
up corn something or another). I noticed something about
banana peels and roses. Banana peels help with rose bushes,
but I noticed there are incidents of black spots that occur. So
I was looking for something to try against black spot. Black
spot might not be a fungus... I'm not getting too wound up at
the moment about it, but I noticed someone mentioned corn
gluten in another thread here or there. So I've got this bag of
grits I've used for ants in the past, and one of my tomato
plants succumed to some kind of fungus, I think it's way beyond
help now, but I'm trying grits anyways. If you wanted to find
corn gluten feel free, but I'm sticking with my grits at the
moment to see if I can get the same effect corn gluten provides.

I'm not sure what corn gluten really is. I was thinking ground
up corn might work. I've got some old corn stalks here and
there that I'm slowly breaking up and powdering into the soil
that seems to have fungus amongus. The rose bush out front
though is getting just banana peel and corn grits for right now
though. I'll know in a couple months. g

--
Jim Carlock
Please post replies to newsgroup.

"Jim Carlock" wrote:
Apply some ground up corn. I'm trying some grits myself.