Old 04-04-2005, 04:27 PM
~Roy~

Yes its possible, itrs a bearing. Its also possible that something is
not right in the impeller / volute section of the pump, possibly some
debri. If its a capacitor start / run type motor it may have a
centrifugal switch assembly inside the motor itself and these do make
noise as they wear. Since the pump is a high end ($$$) type of pump,
and they are repairable, I would pull it before it gets too hot
outside, and have it looked at by a pump or electric motor repair
place,a s if a bearing goes or the swtich tears up, and pieces bet
into the windings the pump will then become uneconomical to think
about repairing. Right now as long as its working, it should be a
relatively quick and easy repair, as its probably bearings,
centrifugal switch or possibly impeller............This pump as most
of these brands are repairable, so don't let a repair shop or dealer
tell you otherwise.....

That pump should be just fine for what your using it for. I had one i
used and while its a pool type pump, its fine, other than lots of
power consumption.

On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 07:29:39 -0500, John Brown
wrote:

===I'm going on my third year with a Haywood pump, Model SP2605X7 (3/4 horsepower,
===in our small pond with waterfall. However, this year it seems to have gotten
===noticeably noisier. Anyone familiar with a solution for this? Can it be a
===bearing going out? I wonder if it's repairable or does this just mean a new
===pump.
===
===
===Jake