Old 04-04-2005, 06:00 PM
James

As I said, I'm not planning to put grass down.

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "James" contains these words:

Hi there

Just wondered if anyone knew of any websites for planning / designing a
garden.. I'm moving to a new house in about 6 weeks time and the garden
consists of a large patio and concreted area. I'm planning to remove it
all
but want some ideas as to what I could do with the area instead. I'm not
thinking of putting turf down and the area isn't that big, so flowerbeds
in
a well designed patio style area may be the way to go.

Wait. There are some situations where grass just doesn't do well, and
paving is a far better solution.

. Before you decide what to do with the area, you need to live with it a
while and find out if it's sunbaked or always shaded in summer, drained
or soggy, sheltered or windy.

Janet.