Old 04-04-2005, 08:14 PM
Totty

It would probably be a carefully nurtured, hovered over tender thing
here.

LOL. When my husband is struggling to tame some particularly tough
tussocks "in the bottom" (level) I tell him that UK garden centres are
charging the earth for his weeds, and he shakes his head in wonder!

I have at the back of my mind that you eat this year's
next year, sort of thing.

I did read somewhere that you should put them in a drawer and forget
about them. Storage is not possible with the nispero, even
transportation is difficult as they bruise very easily, so that is the
main reason they are rarely exported.
Jo