Old 04-04-2005, 08:48 PM
Susan

"David Kirk" wrote in message
Passiflora Caerula responds well to pruning. I can't promise it will come
from a stem that is really woody but it will from green stems as thick as
your finger. If you can see little tuft like buds then there will be no
problem. If you are concerned then try the odd branch or two first. I've

had
them cut down from the frost and sprout from underground. They also have a
tendency to sucker and keep popping up in my lawn.

Hi, David, perhaps you can help me? My passiflora caerula has one long stem
about 10 feet long (I forgot to prune it when I planted it last year) but
there are absolutely no leaves on it. I think that it might have ceased to
be; that it is an ex-passiflora. So, I'm wondering if I should cut it right
back to about a foot from its base. If it is dead then obviously cutting it
back won't make a difference. What do you think? Should I wait and see, or
should I cut it right back?

Thanks.