Old 05-04-2005, 01:51 AM
John Savage

Chookie writes:
Could it be an antechinus? I understand they can still be found in suburbia,
but i don't know how they carry their young. Check with your nearest museum
or zoo.

My impression was that it was too large for an antechinus. I looked at
google's images, and where it is shown alongside the human hand an
antechinus seems to be about the size of a mouse. The creature I saw
was more rat sized, and I think its tail was covered in short grey hair,
not concentric circles of rubber like the tail of rattus rattus.