Old 04-04-2005, 09:58 PM
Rob Halgren

keith ;-) wrote:
Good for you Mick I also love my species,but don't hate hybrids as long as
they have a name.I don't go for NOIDS !I have a few from my first orchids I
got but you learn & progress as the little suckers draw you in!!
PS no need for a dig at us brits!

But of course those line bred species cattleyas are about as close to
the 'original species' as any hybrid. *grin* After a dozen generations
in captivity they probably wouldn't survive 10 minutes in the native
habitat.

Just poking a stick into the hornet nest...

--
Rob's Rules: http://littlefrogfarm.com
2a) See rule 1