Old 05-04-2005, 04:06 AM
S Orth

Couldn't agree with you more about dandelions. Pop 'em out as deeply as
possible with one of those v-shaped weed diggers and you're well on your way
to a dandelion free lawn.

The difficulty of digging out crabgrass, however, is that usually by the
time you realize you have it, it's already starting to throw seed (for next
year). A preemergent product simply keeps the seeds from growing beyond
germination.

Personally, tho, I don't mind any lawn weeds -- as long as the ground isn't
bare, all is well -- I'm too busy trying to pull the weeds from the flower
garden!!

Suzy in Milwaukee, WI, Zone 5

"raycruzer" wrote in message
ups.com...
There are also several long-handled weed removal hand tools that can
help you do the dandilion and crabgrass job without tearing apart your
lawn or using toxic chemicals.

Ray

Talk about Weeds: World of Weeds www.ergonica.com