Old 05-04-2005, 06:05 AM
Dave Gillingham

I take your point, Ray. Guess we were both coming from our separate
areas of interest.

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 08:22:32 -0400, "Ray"
wrote:

Species are definitely easier than hybrids (not necessarily easy), and as I
am not a big one on dens, I cannot comment.

I guess I was thinking mostly in terms of phals. Within any one species -
some are more definitive than others - there can be wide leaves or long,
narrow ones, for example. And size often of little value, I've seen Phal.
gigantea blooming with 12" leaves and 24+" leaves...

Let me also add that (for me, at least) the images at that site didn't
provide all THAT much to go by. Comparing plants first-hand is obviously
better.

Dave Gillingham