Old 05-04-2005, 01:42 PM
Victoria Clare

"Chris Burns" wrote in
:

you can buy a weed pencil which is like one of those deodorant
sticks,

just
wipe it across the leaves of the 'lions and they too will shrivel

up...once

Slight tangent - as a matter of interest, do these work with any
degree of certainty?
I bought one a few weeks ago but, if anything, the weeds in my lawn
look stronger! :-)

I tried one of these last year - you can kill a bramble with them, but you
have to keep applying - I did it 6 times before the damn thing died and it
was only a tiddler. It would have been much easier to a) dig the root out
or b) keep cutting down to root level till it got worn out.

I only kept trying it that long out of a spirit of scientific enquiry ;-)

Victoria
--
gardening on a north-facing hill
in South-East Cornwall