Old 05-04-2005, 06:29 PM
William W. Plummer

Alan Sung wrote:

wrote in message

I'm looking for something like this:

http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=665

but it looks like the only thing that comes close that is available in the
US is a $1000+ machine made by Husqvarna. Is this some vast conspiracy by
the rental industry, or am I simply not looking in the right places?

As stated by others, you want something like a Bluebird
http://www.bluebirdintl.com/products/combers/

There's a bunch of them for sale on Ebay in the $400-$500 range. The problem
with ones from the rental place is that they get so much use that the
tines/fingers get worn down and don't always do such a great job.

You can rent one from Taylor for about $40 per half day. I've done
this twice over the years and am always disappointed. The ground must
be very flat for them to work properly and rolling it first doesn't
help. This is not due to worn parts, there's only so much that the
machine can cope with.