Old 05-04-2005, 06:54 PM
raycruzer

S Orth wrote:
Couldn't agree with you more about dandelions. Pop 'em out as deeply

as
possible with one of those v-shaped weed diggers and you're well on

your way
to a dandelion free lawn.

The difficulty of digging out crabgrass, however, is that usually by

the
time you realize you have it, it's already starting to throw seed

(for next
year). A preemergent product simply keeps the seeds from growing

beyond
germination.

Personally, tho, I don't mind any lawn weeds -- as long as the ground

isn't
bare, all is well -- I'm too busy trying to pull the weeds from the

flower
garden!!

Suzy in Milwaukee, WI, Zone 5

"raycruzer" wrote in message
ups.com...
There are also several long-handled weed removal hand tools that

can
help you do the dandilion and crabgrass job without tearing apart

your
lawn or using toxic chemicals.

Ray

Talk about Weeds: World of Weeds www.ergonica.com

Once crabgrass has already started growing, the only tool that can pull
out most of it is the Weed Twister. The Weed Twister helps you locate
the root systems and twists out most of the roots quite easily. This
is the Weed Twister with the double coils, not to confuse it with other
tools also called Weed Twister. Using this tool, it may take 2 or 3
seasons before the crabgrass is history. Assuming you don't like
crabgrass, of course. If you don't like to mow or eat dandilions, you
need to remove the roots since the plants will resprout from old roots
every year (perenial).

Ray
Talk about weeds: Ergonica World of Weeds www.ergonica.com