Old 05-04-2005, 07:06 PM
Compost Nut

On 4/1/05 1:36 PM, in article 9hi3e.2899$pU5.2520@trnddc06, "Travis"

I just replanted sod around the mulberry tree in front of my house.
The grass around the tree has been struggling, competing nutrient
with the tree. I have bermuda grass and the shade of the tree makes
the situation worse. I am wondering what I can do to keep both the
tree and lawn happy. I believe I have watered and fertilized the
lawn sufficiently. Thanks for suggestions.

Jay

The grass can't grow in shade.

I agree that grass needs the sun to survive and do well. It is very simple,
no sun=no grass in spite of fertilizing and watering. I know as I tried to
grow grass in a very shaded area. I would bring in grass sod from other
areas of my yard, plant it and it would look good for a very short time then
turn brown. I tried this over several years with no long term success.
Gary