Old 05-04-2005, 09:07 PM
Tony

florida weave.
"Georgene" wrote in message

"ge" wrote in message
After an embarassing number of years, we've come to the conclusion
that home-improvement store type tomato cages don't work, at least for
us and indeterminate tomatoes.

Is there some recognized 'good' support? Cost is an issue;
construction (including welding) isn't.

TIA,
George

We have used the rebar and welded it together.
We made our's 6ft tall and 2ft square and put eight cross bars in each
side.
This was our first experience at made a workable tomato cage.
I think a 5ft tall by 2ft square cage would actually be a little better.
But the out come for us has been very good.
It was definitely worth making our own tomato cages.

GC