Old 05-04-2005, 05:14 PM
JK

Sacha wrote:
On 5/4/05 16:32, in article
1112715011.7e751485f8d38b96d58b63588f16f9ad@terane ws, "JK"
wrote:

snip

That's a bit cryptic. Are you saying that ultrasonic cat scarers don't
work? That they do work but you don't like them? That you don't like
Mike, perhaps due to his robust style of posting?

Mike is a troll who regularly starts threads on cats to annoy gardening
posters here or jumps gleefully into such threads to prolong them. Like
many trolls his advice is to be looked at carefully before being taken. He
says that one of his favourite methods of deterring cats is to nail carpet
gripper, spiked side up on top of gates and fences. If you think advice from
such a person to be reliable, that's your privilege and of course, it's your
money. If it doesn't work, perhaps Mike will give you a refund.

I wouldn't have a problem with taking action like that. It's not as if
cats are so dumb they'd repeatedly injure themselves, they would just
stop walking in the carpet gripper. They do much worse things to each
other. I don't know about Mike, but I feel a bit like a cornered animal
with respect to these invaders - I have crawling infant humans to
defend, and the amount of crap in my garden is a genuine risk to their
health. I get no benefit from the cats, they aren't my pets, all I get
is their faeces. So if spiked fences and scary noises will make them
choose somewhere else, I fail to see anything wrong with that, they're
only animals after all. "Loved" by someone perhaps, but that's their
neurosis. £25 for a gadget seems worth a punt, if it doesn't work I'll
have to try something else.