Old 05-04-2005, 05:36 PM
Blair

Default Murray ride on mower-problem

I unfortunately backed the back wheels of my machine into a recess and in
order to get it out I had the bright idea of lifting the back as it was
slowly going forward. I had to make the safety switch on the seat operate
without me on the seat and I used a heavy hammer. It worked and I got the
machine out.
I then found after starting the machine as soon as I let the clutch out the
engine stopped.
I assumed it was a safety switch operating but could not understand what the
clutch has to do with a safety switch.
I took the battery out to see the switch connections and there was a yellow
and black connection with another yellow connection which had a connector
which was dangling loose. I could see no other connection near.
Has anyone got a clue what my problem is and the solution please.
Blair