Old 05-04-2005, 07:38 PM
Phil L

Broadback wrote:
:: Phil L wrote:
::
::: Ian Cox wrote:
::::: On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 22:04:07 GMT, Phil L wrote:
:::::
:::::: Broadback wrote:
:::::::: Can you compost the cuttings and moss removed after Lawn feed
:::::::: and weed with moss killer? I would have thought that residue
:::::::: might kill your plants afterwards. However perhaps time
:::::::: cures all. Seems a shame to bin it, also the way things are
:::::::: going that could be a problem as the councils check on bin
:::::::: contents.
::::::
:::::: The council checks your rubbish? - how do they know it's yours
:::::: when it's mixed with 8 tonnes of other stuff?
:::::
::::: Blimey, our bin doesn't hold anywhere *near* 8 tonnes!
:::::
:::
::: I meant after it had been emptied into the wagon :-p ...surely
::: they don't examine every binful prior to loading it onto the
::: truck?
:::
:::
:: At the moment they do not check. However it is generally accepted
:: that there is a move to reduce rubbish, in fact many councils are
:: planning reducing collections to fortnightly. Also some councils
:: have employed people to check the contents of bins before being
:: emptied and speak to the owners if they contain recyclable
:: rubbish. Also believe it or not wheelie bins are now being
:: manufactured with electronic chips embedded. No one quite knows
:: what they will be used for, my mind boggles.

our council provides us with a normal wheelie bin for household waste, a
green wheelie for compostable materials, a black box for metals and a blue
bag for newspapers, the latter three are only collected fortnightly.

They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country
and our people, and neither do we."
- George W. Bush, 5.8.2004