Old 05-04-2005, 10:14 PM
Rusty Mase

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 12:36:30 -0500, Katra
wrote:

In article ,
Rusty Mase wrote:
No, on-topic, infrequent ads are not unwelcome here or on most Usenet
groups. If we had an absolute ban on ads then we would have to
curtail signature block advertisements. I think the rule is using
moderation in this matter. Notices, ads, signature blocks, etc..

Glad to see this list is nicer and more tolerant.

We are all cooling out here Katra. All the time I have participated
here this has never been a problem. We have gone through periods of
off-topic ads that became irritating, especially when they are cross
posted to a bunch of newsgroups. I think most of those evil people
are now into spam email and leave Usenet alone.

I would personally like to know if one of the great Austin garden
centers is having an open house with free food and demonstrations as I
might miss that in the paper.

Rusty Mase