Old 06-04-2005, 02:22 AM
Snooze

"CanadianCowboy" wrote in message
.. .
Just wanted to share a very inexpensive Bio Filter with some mechanical
filtering that can easily be built at home.

http://www.mvwgs.org/filter.htm

Good filter design, I made mine out of 2 milk crates, two costco bulk packs
of green scotch pads, and a few yards of gazebo screening fabric. I and a
fairly significant portion of this newsgroup do not recommend using lava
rocks as filter material. The pores clog up quickly and are difficult to
clean, they are heavy, and do not have a good volume to surface area ratio.

Consider removing the rocks, and using sun screen fabric, which you can get
from any hardware store. When it's time to clean the fabric, just spread it
out on the lawn, and hose it off. Light, easy to clean, cheap.

-S