Old 05-04-2005, 10:39 AM
Magwitch

undergroundbob muttered:

I discovered a cracking technique for removing weeds from the grass at
the weekend - inspired by the tip on gardener's world about filling in
dips in the lawn.

Using a big garden fork, poke deep and gently lever up a clump of the
grass surrounding the dandelion. then simply grab the root from below
the turf and wheech the whole plant out from underneath (in the manner
of cartoon gophers stealing carrots) and gently firm the clump back
down. this works a treat with dock as well, and leaves no muddy gaps
for more blinking weed seeds to establish themselves.

I remember this method... my grandfather used to do it this way )