Old 05-04-2005, 11:45 PM
Rodger Whitlock

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 12:38:45 +0000, mary prince
wrote:

Just moved into a new place and the garden was set out last year from
scratch. I now need to cover parts of the garden to provide a bit of
privacy when out sunbathing!! if we get some sun this year...
Anyway, some suitable climbibg plants will do the job. I like roses but
they take a lot of looking after. I'm all for low maintanence plants.
It is a south-east facing garden, if this is a help in suggesting the
sort of climbers that might do well in this type of location.

There's a climbing /Polygonum/ aka "silver lace vine" that is
notorious for its vigor.

But remember that the plant that fills up the allotted space in its
first year will continue to grow at much the same pace in future
years: triffids, indeed.

NB: "Polygonum", a buckwheat, not "Polygonatum", a solomon's seal.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, BC, Canada