Old 06-04-2005, 09:07 AM
Martin Brown

Phil L wrote:

our council provides us with a normal wheelie bin for household waste, a
green wheelie for compostable materials, a black box for metals and a blue
bag for newspapers, the latter three are only collected fortnightly.

We have similar arrangements but lack the black metal box. And they
collect green and black wheelie bins on alternate weeks (or try to).

My green wheelie bin is being used to make leaf mould. I already compost
more stuff than they allow to be put in the green bin.

Fortnightly collection of household waste is not popular (esp in summer
when it pongs). The wheelie bins aren't quite big enough either.

Regards,
Martin Brown