Old 06-04-2005, 10:42 AM
Kay Lancaster

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 13:57:33 -0400, Linda wrote:
Can I repot tomatoes a third time? They've already gone from the flat, to
an 8 oz. container, now in a 16 oz. container. They're already about a foot
tall but can't go outside to harden off for about 3 weeks. I don't want to
kill them. Thanks!

Sure you can... be sure the root mass fills at least 1/3 of the new
container, or you're going to have to be really persnickety about watering.
Are you seeing roots out the drainage holes? Are the plants wilting between
the times you can water? If not, you don't have to repot yet.

Might want to start pinching those plants, too... usually indoor grown tomatoes
are pretty gangly.

Kay