Old 06-04-2005, 11:50 AM
Roger Hembury

Hi

Have a look at www.thegardensuperstore.co.uk as they have loads of pots and
are very reasonably priced.

I had a quick look and they have 15 litre heavy duty container pots with a
30cm diameter across the top, 25cm at the base and they cost £1.76 each.

Hope this helps

Regards

Roger

"Chris" ] wrote in message
]...
I thought I'd try growing bush tomatoes in various ways to see what works
best - and one idea was to use pots on the patio.

The seed packet advises 12" pots but when I went into the local garden
centre I was appalled at the price - about six quid for a pot - and over
two quid for a corresponding saucer!

This seems totally crazy!
Is there any reason for such high prices?

Are there good alternatives?
Wilco wastebins with holes drilled in the bottom?
Are saucers needed?
--
Chris