Old 06-04-2005, 04:42 PM
Leon Trollski

"Jim Carlock" wrote in message
. ..
"Leon Trollski" fandom at netguy dot net wrote:
How? I never heard that before.

Oops I thought I pasted in what your wrote... this reads better.

"Jim Carlock" wrote:
Yeah, our rose bush grew to about 12 feet in height last summer
before we pruned it. I had ground up a banana peel in a blender
and started doing that about once every three months. I noticed
the black spot and was told that is normal. Some of the last peels
I messed with have been sitting in a bowl for awhile and I noticed
a mold growing on them. I don't know if it's a good thing or a
bad thing, that mold (green powdery stuff), so was thinking, well
if it's bad I'll just throw in some grits because corn gluten reportedly
helps control weeds and fungus...

I suppose banana's potassium is helpful, beyond that I am unsure if you mean
the blackspot is caused by the banana.