Old 06-04-2005, 06:25 PM

In alt.home.lawn.garden Alan Sung wrote:
wrote in message
I'm looking for something like this:

http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=665
but it looks like the only thing that comes close that is available in the
US is a $1000+ machine made by Husqvarna. Is this some vast conspiracy by
the rental industry, or am I simply not looking in the right places?

As stated by others, you want something like a Bluebird
http://www.bluebirdintl.com/products/combers/

There's a bunch of them for sale on Ebay in the $400-$500 range.

Which is still several hundred dollars more than what the lower-end ones
in Europe cost brand new. Now, I'm sure that the Bluebird is bigger and
better, but I'm looking for something more on the low end, affordable side,
which doesn't seem to even exist in the US.