Old 06-04-2005, 08:04 PM
sasha

Default Maple tree bark peeling

I've got a maple tree that was planted 2-3 year ago. The tree seemed
week from very beginning - the leaves were not as thick, they appeared
later and fell earlier. I was not sure whether that was a reason to be
concerned. Last year, however, I've noticed that the bark on the tree
cracked and is peeling. The peeling area is rather big - up to 30 % of
the width of the tree. The peeled bark is as dry as on a dead tree. Is
there something wrong with a tree? Should I treat it with something?
I know next to nothing about gardening and appreciate any info I can
get,
Sasha