Old 06-04-2005, 08:46 PM
Stephen Henning

"Buzz" wrote:

I'm assuming that since it looks good it IS good. Maybe I can get the
rest of my lawn to be like this. So how is this grass different from
the rest. I have never used different seed... always a particular
blend of kentucky bluegrass. And it looks like the same grass, just
greener. So I guess that being adjacent to the driveway makes this
grass grow different.

Does anyone know why this would be?

You guessed it:

1) asphalt gets warmer quicker in spring
2) winter salt (some winter salts are fertilizer and magnesium salts.
These will do it. NaCl would tend to set the lawn back.)

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman